Monday, March 2, 2009

January gave us our first snow day!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at 7 am (on schedule for me) this morning and mike was already gone. I couldn't find the kids anywhere. I went downstairs and saw the back door was wide open and it was snowing. I yelled for the kids (as loud as i could @7 in the morning) because i wasn't going out into the snow after being awake for only 5 min. I needed to prepare myself. I finally saw something moving in the distance and it was all three of them. i was so glad to see them together. When they got closer i saw that Cameron was not wearing any shoes and she didn't have a jacket on (she was tough) - Just her PJ's. Michael put his jacket on her and was freezing but did his big brother duty :) They were exploring in the woods for about 40 min before i woke up and called them in. School was canceled and mike told the kids before he left for work. It is amazing that we get a day off school for a few inches of snow. We won't complain :) We went sledding, snowball fights, tiny snowmen, shoveled driveway, and sliding on the frozen creek in the back yard. It was Cameron's first time doing all of that. She loved it. We all loved it :)




No comments: