Friday, September 12, 2008

Our last month in Miami: September 2008

Life was a bit busy but I still tried to take pictures - i just never posted them.
I will begin with Cameron's birthday September 9th:


She has fun wearing her canes outfit to torment her school teachers here in Maryland. Our sweet sweet daughter ;0)


She is such a great helper. I caught her doing the dishes without being asked.


Our baby girl is growing up way to fast






The day before Mike took off for his training, Carlos and Patricia came over for a last goodbye . They are awesome friends.





September 11th Mike was sworn in. It gave me the goosebumps.



i love you Mike and am so proud of you :)


Now that Mike was in training and i was home with the kids getting the house ready for the move, I always take time out to play. I took the kids to the beach 3-4 times a week, I banished the tv and computer, we took some trips, had some parties, said goodbye to all of our friends, and then I drove the kids, Sparky, and Paco to maryland in the saturn.

Sanibell Island was so much fun. It was my first time traveling on the west coast with the kids. After loosing sparky for a few weeks (she got out of our fence and was found 8 miles away) i couldn't leave sparky with a babysitter for a few days. So she came with us. I am used to going to the beach with the kids and it is fun but bringing a fast dog to the hotel and the beach added a touch of stress for me :) She was able to swim for her first time. It was sloppy and cute.
I wish i took more photos but i am grateful that i could take what i did. I was scared taking the nice new camera out onto the sand with 3 kids and a dog. We hit about 4 different beaches and they were all beautiful. I had a police man follow me for a few miles as i was searching for a new beach. Someone called my car in, saying that i looked suspicous as i drove out of the parking lot. When the police man came to my window he started to laugh. i was nothing that he was expecting. He peeked into the car seeing Michael, Chase, and Cameron all fighting and a dog ready to leap out of the car. i was excused. I personally think that tinted windows and sweet wheels on my car is what made him suspicous :0)




Wow! I knew that there were going to be shells there but not this many. We dug oiur hands deep into the shell ground and I couldn't dig deep enough to find sand or anything else. It was beautiful and painful to walk on. We sucked it up and just made a few grunting sounds as we walked the shells to get to the water.






Sea Turtles running out to the ocean :0)
Every year we go see the cute little sea turtles run out to sea. it is the cutest thing ever. First there is a slide show on the beach ( around 9 pm) of awareness for about 40 min so we dug our feet and butts into the sand and got comfortable. After that we went to the waters edge and watched the little guys come down into the ocean. The speaker said that they follow the light of the moon to make it to the water. Only a couple of them were confused and needed help directing them towards the sea with a flash light held up high so they could see where to go. I wish i knew how to take good photos at night without the flash because I would damage the baby's sight with the flash, I wasn't that desperate to get a picture.



2 comments:

Diane said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Cameron doing the dishes! She is too cute!

Marie said...

All of those pictures are so great! My fave is the one of the 3 kids on the beach though.